Monday, April 21, 2008

The Good Thief

I'm not really a big poet, but I decided to give it a try tonight. This is really my first meaningful poem to write. I hope you enjoy it.

"The Good Thief" By: Josh Haynes

Life can deal a bad hand, they say that it's true,
Unfortunate are them,
Who are without a clue,
Naive and unaware of the hardships of men,
They find themselves mourners, paying what is due.

The boy, upset is he, love is what he craves,
The grandmother, love shining, diagnosed with cancer,
The bride watches her groom, newly-wed, lying in the graves,
All searching for an answer,
Finding themselves wandering, searching, lost for days.

Only God, shining bright,
Can bring his sheep home,
Joyous day! No time for fright!
In Paris, New York, London, and Rome,
He will come, just like a thief in the middle of the night.

No comments: