Saturday, February 16, 2008

From The Past

These are a few memorable blogs from my past... and I'm talking a very long time ago. I started sorting through all of my old emails in my yahoo account. Some of these emails dated back to 2003. My livejournal blog has long been deleted and purged from the internet, but some of my entries were saved. They were saved because a copy of the post was emailed to my account whenever somebody replied to my posts. Along with my last entry, seeing these entires (some which I kept out for a reason) just reminds me of how immature I was as a freshman in college. Not all of them were immature, but I certainly had my moments. But without further adieu, here are a few of my blogs that were saved. I am going to add my own commentary in red. Enjoy!


September 27, 2004: My motivational message to the HT Band:
Well HT Band, I have news. Clay won their competition last night. They won "most entertaining band" and basically swept their competition last night. Clay only went up against one other band in their class, but apparently they kicked major tail last night. So we have a choice, sit here and pout over this competition, or get better for Clay and everybody else that we are going up against next week. Yeah we didn't win last night, but maybe this will open some people's eyes. I still have faith in this band, and I think that we can win a contest by the end of this year.

Some HT Band alumni from 2004 (I know who posted this) wrote this reply: "The judges were right in placing ya`ll last. Your show was nowhere near as exciting as it has been. There are too many marching and pitch problems for ya`ll to have placed any higher. Oak Mountain did a lot better job, and they were only third. Ya`ll need a miracle to happen."

His class (c/o 2004) never won a band competition. Our class would go on to win the next two contests.


June 8, 2005: The Graduation Blog
Well, wow. Graduation has come and gone and it was a lot of fun. I walked across the stage and so many things were running through my head as I got my diploma (or the case for it at least). When I got it, Mr. Hamilton said some stuff to me and then I went down and Coach Essig stopped me. He gave me a nut and a bolt, which is an inside joke between me and him... most of y'all might not understand it. But it was kind of funny anyway. My dad gave me a pat on the back and I was on my way. Then it didn't take long until everybody was done and we were all circling the field. I threw my hat through the goal post. But anyway, we all went and circled around each other and jumped and did the ESPN chant. That was actually my first time to be in the middle of all that... mainly because every time I was playing the song. But anyway, lots of pictures, lots of memories, and good times. It all ended with...

"Attention Mrs. Henderson's homeroom, please come back, somebody took two diplomas."

Flash forward- today.

I have taken my math test for college and all, and now I have Camp to go to. It is kinda hitting me now that I have only like two and a half months 'till college starts now. I sure hope band camp will be fun and it won't be like boot camp like it was my freshman year at HT. Oh well, things seem to be pretty relaxed there, so I guess I'm not too worried about it.

August 9, 2005: On my first day of band camp at Auburn University:
Tomorrow is the first day of band camp. I can't say that I am totally prepared for it. Either way, I am excited about going. We are going to be doing stuff from 11 until 11 at night. Today was Jacob's first day of work at Toomer's. While he was working, Nathan, Ben, Jonathan, and I walked around campus. There is a lot of construction going on here right now. (Little did I know how much more construction there would be on campus) I got my Tiger Club Card working finally. (And then never used it) Tomorrow I have to get my parking sticker.. Ugh... And I'm not totally sure where Beard-Eaves Coliseum (HAHA wow!) is. I just wanted to say to Byrd and Martin that I appreciate the nice comments that y'all left me. It really makes me feel like I had an impact on somebody's life in some way. Well, tomorrow is a big day for me... (Yes it was...) and I don't feel like staying up 'till 2 in the morning tonight.

August 11, 2005: On my freshman year band camp schedule:
Ok, here is a sample of a day in the life of me... now.
9:00 P.M. I was driving around and I saw Tim walking down a street so I decided to pick him up and take him to my apartment.
9:15 P.M. Nathan takes us to the Scavenger hunt.
11:00 P.M. I come home from the RAT Scavenger Hunt. It was kind of lame... it was just like Camp War Eagle... all we did was go around and look at stuff and sing the Alma Mater. (Haha, that's about right).
12:00 A.M. I finally arrive at the apartment, and there are like all these people here. (I don't remember who they were... but they were probably Chi Alpha people) But they were cool people.
1:00 A.M. I finally start to go to bed.
5:00 A.M. Wake up and go to Wal-Mart. (This was the second day of band camp. I had no water cooler the day before so this is why I made such an early trip to Wal-Mart in the morning)
7:30 A.M. Band camp part duex.
12:15 - 1:00 P.M. I came home and ate a Hot Pocket... only to leave 45 minutes later.
3:45 P.M. (Currently) I am so tired... I am running on 4 hours of sleep. I have to go get my uniform at 5 now. And then we have rehearsal from 7:30-9:30....

Anyway, I'll fill you in on the AU Band Camp. So far it has only been two days. Yesterday was not so good. Today was okay. The parking here sucks. (Little did I know it would only get worse) I have to walk through this garden every time I want to get to the band field. (I still walk through "The Arboretum" every day to practice) I have met a lot of new people... nothing really to write home about though. The band here is much harder than it is at Hewitt. You people have NO clue how easy you have it. So be thankful!! Anyway, I'm out. I have to leave in 30 minutes now...


October 3, 2005: On the Auburn v. South Carolina Game:

The game last night rocked. I loved it. (It was truly a great show! All around it was a fun time!) Wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be cool if the Iron Bowl decided who wins the SEC West? Anyway, the team is starting to really shape up. Pregame was the most exciting pregame that I've done so far.(The 2005 Iron Bowl would go on to top this pregame) The football team all went right by me, they were all arm in arm. Holy crap it was freakin' awesome! The show was by far the most energetic show I have ever done! We all got into this form at the end of the show and started playing Bohemian Rhapsody to the student section... man, they went wild. At the part were the guitar solo is (In the Queen version) we all just ran in together and rocked out to it. Yeah, I never thought I'd be rocking out to Queen-- on my trombone. That was the 5th home game in a row for us, and man, it went by fast. We still have a good while to go, but time really does go by fast when you're having fun.

February 21, 2006: On Quotes and Valentine's Day:
(These are all pretty self-explanatory)
I have heard some golden quotes over the past few days.. I'll bore you with them right now.

"Somebody 'bout to get thar ass whooped" - Random Black Guy that lives down from me.

Kind of a funny incident... it was on Valentine's day... and a herd of black girls came to the guy's apartment and caused a major CF. I tried to videotape it, but for my own safety, I fled back into my apartment and listened on in amazement. There were some rednecks outside laughing at them... I presume that somebody cheated on somebody, and this was revenge. Nathan got caught up in the chaos, and the herd ran past him leaving in a hurry. Then random black guy came up to Nathan and thus, the the optimistic quote of the week was born.

I ran into an old Auburn alum at a mall this weekend... He came up to me and started talking about Auburn and he thought it was the greatest thing ever that I was a freshman at Auburn and that I was in the band. He even grabbed me by the arm and "escorted" me to his wife to introduce me. I was pretty freaked out by this man who probably had Alzheimer's... but the quote went something like this...
"Yeah I am a freshman and I am in the band at Auburn"
"You're in the band!?"
"Yes, sir"
"God Bless You, Son... God Bless You."

I hope that you have enjoyed checking these out.

No comments: