It's time to write down an account of my time here at Auburn. I absolutely love to write, and this project will be tough, but worth every minute I spend on it.
Sometimes I think there's a certain point that you reach in college where you just grow up. You' know that you're not a newbie at Auburn anymore, and you realize your time here is beginning to come to an end. You start to get tired of listening to freshmen and sophomores talking about getting drunk and making out with however many girls/guys (I always hated those kind of conversations anyway- NOBODY CARES HOW DRUNK YOU GOT LAST NIGHT!). I can feel it as I walk through the concourse when I ignore the SGA presidential candidates trying to give me flyers. I can even pick out who is a freshman and who isn't. Even though it's only a sophomore level class, I know that I am surrounded by them in my World Literature II class just by the way they act. It has hit me that I am graduating in one year now. That's pretty scary! I remember when I started here, things were new. I wanted to meet everybody and discover new ways of having fun. Everyday was sunshine and roses.
Since my freshman year in 2005, things have considerably slowed down. I walk everyday to class after I park in the parking lot farthest away from campus, just so I can drink in Auburn as I walk. I enjoy reading books outside in the sunshine while watching the other students walk to class. It's fun to watch all the high school seniors walk around on tours. I like seeing all those people smile as they listen to the tour guide and look around in awe of the campus. It's a beautiful campus to be a apart of here at Auburn. I don't know why I enjoy these things, but I guess it just brings me some peace of mind. It means so much to me. I guess it reminds me of me back in those days as a senior in high school.
I first came to Auburn for a "War Eagle Day" in the fall of 2004. The campus was different back then, as you had a street with cars going through present day Cater Lawn. All of the students seemed so happy as they walked to class. I saw my future roommate (Nathan) walking with a friend to class. Things seemed to be going awesome for him, and it made me want to come to Auburn. I even saw my other future roommate (Ben) eating a sandwich outside of the Haley Center. I was with my father on that day, and I remember walking to the Foy Ballroom to listen to a speaker tell us about Auburn. He knew every high school mascot in all of America, and I found that amusing to say the least. There were a few other high school friends that joined me on this trip, although they were with their own parents. I think it hit me how much I wanted to come to Auburn when we walked towards Samford Tower. I just knew this was a special place when I looked up at that magnificent building. I told my father at that very moment that this was the place that I wanted to go for college.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment